How Do I Remove Red Wine from Carpet?
Spilling some tasty red wine on your carpet can put a damper on a relaxing evening. But Molly Maid says don't fret - it's easier to clean red wine spills than you think!
First, it's important to act quickly. Don't let the stain set for long before you spring into cleaning mode. A little bit of salt on the stain will help prevent the stain from setting into the carpet and prevent larger problems.
You have a few options for removing the stain - white wine, club soda, and commercial carpet cleaner products are the most popular. Simply pour your cleaning solution of choice onto the stain, and then gently blot up as much wine as possible. Remember - rubbing will force the stain into the carpet and make cleanup more difficult.
How To Clean Floors
Molly Maid's professional house cleaners also have some other handy tips for cleaning ceramic tile and vinyl floors:
1. Frequent cleaning makes cleaning easier - especially with floors! Don't let your floor turn into a "project."
2. When mopping, start at the furthest corner of the room and then move back towards the entrance.
3. If you have a glossy surface on your floor, use a clean cloth wrapped around the end of the squeezed-out mop to avoid streaks.
4. Damp mop only after loose dirt and debris has been thoroughly removed with a broom, vacuum, or dust mop.
5. Use a combination of warm water and all-purpose cleaner (follow manufacturer instructions for exact amounts) to mop ceramic tile and vinyl floors effectively.
Molly Maid is the professional cleaning company you can trust. We clean your home the way you would if you had the time. Contact your local Molly Maid franchise and talk to us about housekeeping services today.