Molly Maid knows how important it is to keep a clean and organized office for a productive workday. When you hire Molly Maid, we’ll dust, clean, and vacuum your home office, so you have more time to work and aren’t distracted by the mess. Our home office cleaning services include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Dusting your desk, window sills, picture frames, and computer monitor
- Vacuuming carpets and mopping floors
- Disinfecting door knobs, keyboards, and the computer mouse
- Removing the trash and recycling
- And more – custom cleaning plans are available!
Our professional cleaners will never throw anything away or move anything without asking you first. Molly Maid is the reliable, trustworthy choice for top-notch home and office cleaning.
Important Cleaning Tips for the Office
Whether you’re in need of having a cleaner home office or desk space, Molly Maid wants to give you tips to keep your office clean, tidy and disinfected. Learn more about how to organize and clean an office from our cleaning experts.
Without daily cleaning offices can become a haven for germs and bacteria. Regularly cleaning and disinfecting your desk can help you avoid sickness and keep you focused and more productive throughout the day. Use the tips below to clean the dirtiest parts of your office.
Use our office cleaning checklist to clean each area of your office or to divvy up office cleaning duties at work. Print out the PDF and put it on the fridge so everyone can help out, or just use it for your own reference as you clean the office to make sure you don’t miss a spot.
Efficient Ways of Organizing Office Space
A clutter-free, organized desk space can help decrease stress and increase productivity. Here are seven important tips from the Molly Maid experts to help keep everyone more organized.
- Remove unnecessary clutter from your work space. Only keep work-related items, a few office plants and some family photos.
- Divide your desk up into two zones: one for computer work and the other for all non-computer work.
- Use an organizational document tray, file drawer, or even (gasp!) junk drawer to house items that don’t have a designated space on your desk.
- Use zip ties to bundle messy-looking electrical and charger cords. This will keep them from creating a cord nest.
- Keep a decent-sized trash can near your desk to dispose of trash.
- Separate important documents by using stacking trays to free up horizontal space and provide organization. For example, one tray can be for mail, one for documents that need signatures, and one for documents that need to be filed.
- Use wall space to hang shelves for storage and whiteboards for scheduling, notes, to-do list, etc.
How to Disinfect and Sanitize Office Space
While sitting at a desk all day, we often do more than work - we eat, sneeze, cough, and spill - creating a microbial zoo. Our experts recommend these four cleaning tasks to help you maintain a clean, germ-free workspace.
- Dust. Use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe down all work surfaces. Start with your desk and make sure you remove all items so you don’t miss any areas. For extra credit, clean power strips behind your desk, fan blades, window sills, the top of your monitor and picture frames.
- Vacuum. Cleaning an office is a three-attachment job. Use a vacuum with an upholstery brush (for curtains, drapes, and any fabric), a narrow attachment for small places, and an attachment to thoroughly vacuum floors.
- Disinfect. Germs and bacteria are often transferred from one surface to the next (keyboard, desk, mouse, and phone). Therefore, it’s important to regularly disinfect everything you touch in your office.
- Consistency. Put a reminder on your calendar or whiteboard to clean and organize your desk on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Keep disinfectant wipes near your desk to give everything a quick wipe-down between cleaning days.
Office Cleaning Checklist
- Clean Your Keyboard. Periodically clean your keyboard by shaking it out over a trash bin. You can also use a can of compressed air to force the remaining dust and food particles out from behind the keys. Dip cotton swabs in alcohol and swipe them between the keys. Spray disinfectant on a cloth and wipe the top of the keyboard (make sure you disconnect your keyboard from your computer before cleaning).
- Clean Computer Monitor. Give those tired eyes a smudge-free screen to work on, and give your monitor dust-free ventilation slots to help keep it cool. Wipe down the monitor with a damp microfiber cloth. Use a vacuum with an upholstery brush to remove dust in the vents. Spray glass cleaner on a cloth and wipe down the monitor glass. To finish, use a can of compressed air to remove any remaining dust. If you work on a laptop, shut it down and clean the keyboard and screen at the same time.
- Clean Office Chair. Look for an upholstery tag to provide directions on cleaning the fabric. Use a vacuum with an upholstery brush to remove loose dust or debris. Use a microfiber cloth to wipe off any dirt that remains.
- Clear the cobwebs – Use a rag to remove cobwebs from every corner of the office. Attach the rag to a broom handle for those high, hard-to-reach corners.
- Empty the fridge – If you have an office fridge, throw away old, expired food and drinks to create more space. This is a good time to establish some fridge rules; no one likes to find (or smell) two-week-old takeout in the office refrigerator. Once everyone agrees on the rules, post them on the door of the refrigerator as a reminder.
- Vacuum / sweep – Clear the dirt and debris off office floors (and furniture). Lift any cushions and move furniture to thoroughly clean underneath.
Get a Free Cleaning Estimate Instantly
Need help inside and outside of your home office? Check out these room-by-room cleaning tips. Keeping an office clean can be a full-time job. If you’d rather spend time working in your office rather than cleaning it, Molly Maid can help. Our professional cleaning services can give your office, home, or apartment the attention it needs. Give us a call or request a free estimate online today.
Since 1984, Molly Maid has been providing cleaning solutions to fit the needs and busy lifestyles of our clients. Our friendly professionals strive to earn your loyalty every time we clean, which is why we make setting up house cleaning services as easy as can be. Whether you are looking to request one-time, occasional, special event cleaning services, or create a routine cleaning plan, you'll never have to worry about signing a contract. See what our customers have to say about Molly Maid.