You packed the dishes, decluttered the garage, hired the movers, and signed the papers. The stress is nearly over. You are ready to get a move on — but you still have to clean before you vacate the premises. Ugh!
Many residential rental contracts require a “broom-clean,” while others call for detailed cleaning that can include everything from the stove to the baseboards. Real estate contracts may also contain stipulations regarding the condition of the house when the buyer moves in.
Even if your contract doesn't require it, a comprehensive move-out house cleaning offers many advantages. Notably, if you're hoping to retrieve your full security deposit upon vacating a rental, this is an essential step. And if you are a homeowner who just closed a sale, making sure the transaction and new owner’s transition are seamless is a wise idea.
But what if you’re exhausted from all the other moving responsibilities? By the time everything is finally packed up, many of us are too worn out to even lift a broom. When the move-out house cleaning is just too much, Your local Molly Maid® will take care of it for you.
Leaving your former residence in great shape will be much easier to achieve with our move-out cleaning service. We’ll handle the cleanup while you set up your new place just the way you want it.
What's Included in a Move-Out Cleaning Service
Molly Maid tailors each move-out cleaning service to fit your unique requirements and schedule. If there is a room you would rather we skip or a service that's not needed, simply let us know. We’ll clean the rest of your space with a keen eye for detail. Moving out requires more than just packing your belongings. It calls for an extensive cleanup to ensure the property is ready for its next occupant. Our move-out cleaning services include:
- Thorough cleaning of all rooms: This includes vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, and mopping to ensure no dust bunnies are left hiding in any corners.
- Detailed bathroom and kitchen cleaning: We pay particular attention to these rooms, scrubbing showers, bathtubs, sinks, countertops, and kitchen appliances to restore their sparkle.
- Inside cabinets and drawers: Often overlooked, we ensure all your cabinets and drawers are wiped down.
- Baseboard cleaning: Our team meticulously wipes down your baseboards, removing all dust and grime.
Choose your local Molly Maid for moving and cleaning services and experience a stress-free move into your new home.
Why Use Molly Maid for Move-Out Cleaning Services?
There’s really no surprise that moving is listed as one of the five most stressful life events. Moving is stressful! But there is no need to bear this burden alone. In the midst of the whirlwind of moving, Molly Maid is here to lend a hand and lighten your load. Our move-out cleaning services can alleviate some of the stress of moving and give you more time to focus on setting up your new home.
With the help of moving and cleaning services from Molly Maid, you can focus on other aspects of your move while we handle the cleanup. When you hire Molly Maid, you're not just hiring a cleaning service. You're investing in the peace of mind that comes with knowing your move out cleaning will be done right!
As a proud member of the Neighborly community of home service brands, we know the job isn’t done until it’s done right. The Neighborly Done Right Promise™ backs all our work, so you can count on being pleased with our move-out cleaning services.
Whether you're moving out, moving in, or looking for services to keep your new home clean week after week, your local Molly Maid is ready to help.
Benefits of Cleaning Thoroughly Before Moving Out
When you gather up your belongings and prepare to leave your old home for the last time, it is a farewell of sorts. This was your home base for countless family dinners, homework sessions at the kitchen table, holiday gatherings, and more. A thorough move-out house cleaning helps you turn the page on this chapter of your life, so you can start fresh in your new home.
When you call Molly Maid for a professional move-out cleaning, you will be able to leave your old home looking fantastic. Here are some of the benefits that come from leaving a clean home after you move out:
- Full Security Deposit: A professionally cleaned home significantly improves your chances of securing the return of your full security deposit.
- Good Rapport: Leaving a clean home also leaves a positive impression on your property owner/manager, and the new occupants. It fosters good will. This could prove especially helpful if you need to use your landlord as a reference in the future., So, it is wise to leave them with a great last impression of you and how you cared for their property.
- Hassle-free Transition: When you leave move-out cleaning to the professionals, you can focus on your transition to your new place. And if you were the homeowner of your previous residence, cleaning it before the buyers move in will help ease the transition for the buyer.
It’s also a great feeling to leave a home that served you and your family well, looking its best for the new residents. Trust our move-out cleaning services to make your old place look its best.
House Cleaning for Tenants & Landlords
Whether you're a tenant preparing to vacate a residence or a landlord eager to welcome new tenants, you’ll find great value in move-out cleaning services from Molly Maid. Here are some of the benefit that our move-out cleaning services provide both tenants and landlords:
- For Tenants: Our comprehensive move-out cleaning services will save you time, energy, and stress at the end of your move, just when you need help the most. And returning the property fresh and clean can help ensure you get your security deposit back in full.
- For Landlords: If you want to show your property to prospective tenants when it looks its best, a professional cleaning from Molly Maid can make all the difference. We'll ensure every room looks fresh and clean when it’s time to show.
Request a Free Quote Today
Your local Molly Maid can handle just about everything on your move-out house cleaning checklist, so you can focus on your move and enjoy the excitement of starting fresh. Call or request a free estimate today. Once we tackle your move-out cleaning services, we’d love to help you get off to a fresh start in your new home.
Let us help to make your new house feel like home with our:
Below we answer some frequently asked questions that will help make your move less stressful and more enjoyable.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a move-out cleaning service cost?
Since the amount of cleaning required can vary widely, we provide a personalized estimate for every move-out house cleaning customer. To get the most accurate estimate for your space, contact your local Molly Maid.
Is move-out house cleaning mandatory?
Most lease or rental agreements typically include information about move-out house cleaning requirements, which is a common practice for apartment and condo subleases. The return of your cleaning deposit may rely on it. Refer to your original lease agreement or contact your landlord for specific details about move-out cleaning requirements. If you’re moving out of a house you owned, the buyers may request a stipulation in the contract regarding the home’s condition prior to move-in.
What does a move-out cleaning service include?
Our standard move-out cleaning services include:
- Vacuuming and sweeping all floors
- Wiping down baseboards
- Wiping cabinets and drawers
- Scrubbing the shower and bathtub
- Scrubbing toilets
- Cleaning sinks and countertops
- Cleaning kitchen appliances
However, we fully customize our moving and cleaning services to meet your specific schedule and needs.
How long does a move-out cleaning service take?
The time we spend on your move-out cleaning service depends on the size and complexity of the job. However, we can typically complete a move-out cleaning for you within a few hours, so you can move into your new place with one less concern.
Can you help with move-in cleaning as well?
Absolutely! While our move-out cleaning service leaves your former residence in excellent condition, our move-in cleaning service allows you to have a clean, fresh, stress-free start in your new place. And if you’d like us to provide regular house cleaning or pitch in for a special occasion — we’re ready to help with that too!
Do you offer eco-friendly or green cleaning options?
We do! Whenever possible, Molly Maid uses eco-friendly cleaning products and practices to ensure our work is as good for the environment as it is for you. We offer highly effective solutions that contain no ozone-depleting chemicals or flammable substances. We also source and use products that are not irritating to the skin or respiratory system. When you schedule our move-out cleaning service, let us know your preferences. We’ll customize the experience by using cleaning products that you are comfortable with.