How To Get Rid of Dust
Anyone who suffers from allergies can tell you: they’re for real. And the allergens inside the house, like molds, house dust, dust mites, and pet dander can be just as intense as outdoor triggers like springtime pollen. To help allergy-proof your home, prevent dust and reduce the symptoms of hay fever and allergic asthma, The Mayo Clinic recommends a weekly house cleaning routine.
Cleaning Tips to Prevent Allergies
- Damp-mopping hard floors
- Removing dust from all surfaces including easy-to-forget ones like ceiling fans, windowsills, window frames, and the tops of doors
- Use a damp microfiber rag to collect the dust; feather dusters just redistribute the dust
- Vacuuming carpet, furniture cushions and pillows. Use a micro-filter vacuum bag or a HEPA filter
- Shaking out rugs and give pillows a good whack (outside!)
Other Allergy-Reducing Cleaning Tips
- Replacing your HVAC air filters every two to three months with HEPA air filters
- Inspecting air ducts for dust build up on the duct walls and clean if needed
- Steam cleaning carpets every six months
- Washing drapes and curtains
- Run a HEPA air purifier in the room
- Clean air vent registers with the brush attachment on your vacuum
- Keep your house cooler (70⁰ F or below) and drier (relative humidity at 50% or below) to create indoor conditions that are less hospitable to dust mites and mold spores
Naturally, house cleaning services from Molly Maid can proactively take care of the dust so your house has fewer allergens and you have more time to do the things you enjoy. Just call (800) 654-9647 or request a house cleaning estimate. We’re Maid for This!
Inspecting your air ducts can also help reduce dust and allergy symptoms. Steam cleaning your carpets will remove dust and debris embedded deep within the fibers that contaminates indoor air. Our sister company, Rainbow International, is certified in air duct cleaning and carpet steam cleaning. With state-of-the-art equipment and techniques, they’ll give your carpet and air ducts a deep clean you won’t find anywhere else.
Ready to schedule a service? Call (800) 654-9647 to speak with our friendly customer service representatives. Or SCHEDULE A FREE ESTIMATE today!