Cleaning Shower Glass Doors
Dirty shower door glass and shower glass walls can make an otherwise clean bathroom look dirty. Unfortunately, cleaning shower glass isn’t as easy as grabbing a soapy sponge or glass cleaner and a cloth. But with a little cleaning know-how and determination, those hard water spots don’t stand a chance!
How to Clean Your Shower’s Glass Doors & Walls
- Begin by wetting the shower glass with the shower sprayer or splashing the walls with a bucket.
- Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar, and use it to thoroughly saturate the glass.
- Let the vinegar soak in for at least 10 minutes. Let it soak even longer if there’s significant buildup.
- Dip a scrub sponge into baking soda, and scrub the glass. The baking soda acts as an abrasive, while the vinegar dissolves the hard water spots and soap scum.
- Once you’re satisfied and the glass looks clean, rinse it off with fresh water.
- Dry the glass with a microfiber cloth, and use glass cleaner to finish cleaning the glass, trim and towel hangers.
Shower Glass Cleaning Supplies
- Spray bottle
- Scrub sponge
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Glass cleaner
- Cloth or tower
Keeping Shower Glass Clean
Hard water spots appear on your glass when water drops dry there. The best way to keep you glass clean is to prevent water from drying on it in the first place. Check out these preventative measures you can take:
- Keep a squeegee in the shower to wipe down the glass after a shower.
- After cleaning the glass, apply a hydrophobic compound, such as Clear Choice or Rain X, to keep water spots off the glass.
- Install a water softener. This is an expensive solution, but it will solve many other problems by reducing mineral buildup on your shower glass and the insides of your pipes, faucets, dishwasher, showerheads and more.
Clean the Rest of Your Bathroom
Once you’re finished, head back to the Bathroom Cleaning page to learn how to clean the showerhead, bathtub and more. If cleaning your shower keeps getting pushed down your to-do list, ask your local Molly Maid for some help. While Molly Maid cleans bathrooms as part of our home cleaning services, these tips do not reflect our exact shower cleaning process.
Ready to schedule a service? Call (800) 654-9647 to speak with our friendly customer service representatives. Or SCHEDULE A FREE ESTIMATE today!