How to Clean Grout and Tile
“Wow, you could eat off those floors.”
Does the phrase above explain your tile floors at home? We didn’t think so…
Tile floors are great because of their durability and relative ease of cleaning and upkeep. But it’s the grout between the tiles that you really have to worry about. Want to know how to clean grubby grout to get sparkling clean lines between your tiles?! Well, push up your sleeves. It’s time to get busy.
What do you need:
- Vacuum/Broom and Dust Pan
- Tile and Grout Cleaner (acid-based cleaner for soap buildup like Scrub Free® or Scrubbing Bubbles®)
- Scrubby Sponge
- Grout Brush (an old toothbrush works well)
What do you do:
- Remove all items from the shower/tub
- Remove all items off the tile floor
- Vacuum/Sweep tile floor
- Apply tile and grout cleaner liberally, use the scrubby sponge to spread it evenly.
- Let the cleaner sit 5-10 minutes to allow it to begin working.
- Scrub the tiles with the scrubby sponge. By this time, the cleaner has had time to loosen the dirt, making it easier for cleaning.
- Use the grout brush (or old toothbrush) between tiles.
- Rinse and dry with a clean towel.
Do you have any tile or grout cleaning tips? Tell us your ideas in the comments section below.
For your home cleaning needs, contact the professionals at Molly Maid. Each maid services team comprises bonded, insured, licensed and uniformed housekeepers who are regularly supervised. Click here to request service in your area.