Have 10 minutes to spare? Then you have time to clean the kitchen! In this short amount of time, you can maintain the tidy kitchen you’ve always wanted. Sure, 10 minutes isn’t enough for a deep-clean, but regular light cleanings let you get away with deep cleaning less often.
Fast Kitchen Cleaning Tips
Here’s how to clean the kitchen in 10 minutes flat.
- Pick up everything that doesn’t belong in the kitchen and place it in a laundry basket. When you’re finished in the kitchen, return these items to their rightful homes.
- Pull the trashcan over and toss all the garbage sitting on the counter and stools.
Clean the Kitchen
- Fill the sink with soapy water and any dirty dishes you plan to wash by hand. The plates and bowls that don’t require hand-washing can go straight into the dishwasher.
- While the dishes soak, spray the counters with multipurpose cleaner, and wipe them down with a clean washcloth. Wipe the stove top as well.
- Return to the dishes that need to be hand washed and give them a good scrubbing. Rinse with clean water and set them on a towel or drying rack to air dry.
- Finally, sweep or vacuum the floors to pick up any crumbs.
- Once a week, tack on mopping to the end of your kitchen cleaning routine.
- Once a month, wipe down the front of each appliance and all cabinet doors.
Deep Cleaning Tips
With your daily 10-minute kitchen cleaning routine, you only need to deep-clean once a year. Include the following on your deep-cleaning checklist:
- Clean the appliances: This includes the dishwasher, oven, and refrigerator. To easiest way to clean a dishwasher is to run an empty cycle with a bowl of vinegar on the top rack. If your oven has a self-cleaning feature, use that. Otherwise, scrub with conventional oven cleaner. To clean the fridge, empty it of food, clean the shelves and drawers with warm soapy water, and throw away expired items rather than putting them back in the fridge.
- Clean the countertops and sink: Sprinkle baking soda on a damp cloth and wipe down the counters. Spend extra time on any stained areas, using small circular motions to remove discolored spots. Then, sprinkle baking soda in your kitchen sink. This mild cleaner is strong enough to remove odors, stains, and food particles without abrasive or dangerous chemicals.
- Clean small appliances: Disassemble and deep-clean your coffee maker, toaster, tea kettle, and other small appliances that get regular use. You may want to do this more than once a year, depending on how dirty they get.
- Clean the cabinets: Empty your cupboards and wipe down the shelves. Focus on any sticky spots you find. Consider lining your cabinets with shelf protectors to prevent damaging the wood. Finish by wiping down the doors and hardware.
Get Cleaning Help from Molly Maid
While most people have 10 minutes to spare in the evening, you might be so pressed for time that kitchen cleaning goes on the back burner. If having time to deep-clean your kitchen is even more out of the question, you might benefit from the housekeeping services available from Molly Maid. We’ll free up your time to enjoy more of the activities you love without feeling guilty about neglecting your chores.
Contact your local Molly Maid or call us at (888) 583-6490 to request a free in-home estimate for house cleaning services near you. Once your kitchen is clean, you might realize it could benefit from a new coat of paint. Our fellow Neighborly brand, Five Star Painting has some color scheme ideas to inspire your kitchen makeover.