Trying to figure out how to get grass stains out of clothing, shoes and jeans can take some of the joy out of your fun in the sun. When you have the right stain removal methods on hand, you don’t have to sweat it.
Molly Maid has the stain removal tips you need for how to remove grass stains, so you can get back to enjoying the beautiful weather.
No one wants to walk around with grass stains on their jeans or shirts. Rather than tossing the item in the trash, try these simple methods for removing the green from your clothes:
- Flush the backside of the fabric with cold water.
- Rub the stain together with the fabric.
- Pretreat with your stain remover product of choice, following the label’s instructions.
- Launder with cold water.
- Do not dry the item until the grass stain is gone because heat from the dryer can set the stain.
- Repeat the process as necessary to remove stubborn stains.
Shoes aren’t cheap, which is why you would much prefer to remove grass stains instead of paying the price for a new pair of kicks. The good news is stain removal is easy, even if you have white shoes.
Follow these steps to make your shoes look good as new:
- Use a damp cloth to remove any dirt or debris from the shoe.
- Mix liquid laundry detergent and water in a 1:3 ratio and apply the solution to the stained area of the shoe.
- Use a toothbrush or other bristled brush to scrub the stain gently.
- If the stain seems to be stubborn, use a few drops of white vinegar to blot out the remaining green.
Use a clean, dry cloth to blot out excess moisture.
Whether you need to know how to remove grass stains or an unsightly mess on your carpet, our cleaning experts know all the tips and tricks for getting rid of stains for good.
Contact your local Molly Maid to learn more about our customized home cleaning services packages designed to make your home sparkle and shine from floor to ceiling. Call us at (800) 654-9647 or request a free in-home estimate online now for professional house cleaning services.
If your lawn needs some love and care to reach its full staining potential, The Grounds Guys can help. A fellow member of the Neighborly® family of home service brands, The Grounds Guys offers world-class lawn and landscaping services.