Many like to “indulge” during the holidays, whether it be indulging in good food, gifts for others, decorations, or libations, this is the time of year when you can get away with “over doing it.”
If wine happens to be your holiday adult-beverage of choice, or if you know of someone who likes it, recycle those used bottles and make some creative holiday lighting decorations! We created a board on Pinterest Link opens in a new tab with some of our favorite ideas.
Want to try it on your own? Here’s how you do it:
- Wash and rinse the wine bottles you’d like to use. Bottles should have no cracks or chips.
- Remove all labels from the bottles. There are several different methods to removing wine labels. If you’re interested in keeping the label, you can try the “oven method” – see video below. If you don’t care about keeping the logo, simply use Goo Gone or WD-40 to remove the label.
- Drill a 1-2 inch hole in the bottom of the bottle. Be sure to wear safety glasses and gloves! And use a drill bit designed for glass.
- Remove any glass particles and pieces.
- Add a clear sealant to remove sharp or rough glass edges.
- String one strand of lights through the bottle.
- Plug in and enjoy!