Having crisp, clean, streak-free windows doesn’t have to be hard to come by. Our window cleaning tips will take the frustration out of having streaks all over your clean windows that you worked so hard on!
- A/B Testing. To see streaks so that you can wipe them off, wash glass windows with vertical strokes on one side and horizontal strokes on the other. That way, if there are streaks it’s easy to tell which side they’re on.
- Steamin’ Up. Suffer from steamy windows in cold weather? To prevent your windows from looking like they belong at a steam bath, wash them with soap and water, let them dry, then polish with a clean and dry microfiber cloth.
- Like a Pro. Looking to have your windows sparkle like the pros? Here’s what you do…
- Invest in a professional quality squeegee from your local janitorial or hardware store
- Add several drops of dish soap to a warm bucket of water. Don’t add too much soap because this is what will cause streaks
- Wet the windows with the soapy water using a sponge
- Use your squeegee, tilt at an angle, leaving a one inch dry strip at the top of the window, wiping left to right
- Place the squeegee horizontally in the dry area at the top and pull down the length of the window
- Wipe the blade with a cloth and continue step 5 until the window is squeegeed dry
- Finish with a horizontal scroll across the bottom of the window to remove remaining water
Now you know how to clean windows like the pros! Have any window cleaning tips of your own? Share them in the comments section below…