Keep your employees healthy and happy with a regular office cleaning routine. A clean and organized office improves productivity and reduces sick days. A messy office doesn’t just look unprofessional, it can also distract colleagues and decrease motivation. Molly Maid is here to keep your office clean and organized with a printable office cleaning checklist.
Did You Know?
- Dirty surfaces cause 60% of all illnesses.
- The average keyboard, chair and computer mouse harbor some 21,000 germs per square inch.
- A typical desk is home to more than 10 million bacteria, which is 100X more germs than the average kitchen table and 400X more than the average toilet seat. Gross!
Read more surprising facts from our infographic, Stop Spreading Germs!
Complete the items on this checklist weekly to give your office a professional appearance, cut down on sick days, and encourage a healthy working environment. Print out the PDF, post it on the fridge and assign tasks to co-workers.
Office Cleaning Tips from our Office Cleaning Checklist
The best way to keep your office tidy is by throwing away unnecessary clutter, disinfecting hard surfaces, and cleaning frequently used, shared spaces.
Take a look at this checklist below to make sure you’re doing everything you can to keep your office clean and organized.
- Clear the clutter – Recycle, throw it away or put it back where it belongs. Use zip ties to keep cords coiled and organized.
- Dust away – Wipe dust from common areas with a damp rag or paper towel. Use compressed air to remove dust from hard-to-reach places like your keyboard crevices. Don’t forget light fixtures and fan blades.
- Glass duty – Spray a towel with glass cleaner and wipe away smudge.
- Disinfect – Hit all hard surfaces with sanitizing spray and a clean rag. Pay attention to high-germ areas like the vending machines, microwave, fridge handle, and water fountain buttons.
- Clear the cobwebs – Use a rag to remove cobwebs from every corner of the office. Put the rag on a broom handle for those high, hard-to-reach corners.
- Empty the fridge – Throw away old food and drinks to create more space. Perhaps this is a good time to establish some fridge rules; no one likes to find two-week old takeout.
- Wipe-down kitchenware – Clean cups, plates and appliances with warm water and soap. Take a few minutes to organize the cabinets.
- Restroom duty – Scrub the toilet and refill soap and paper dispensers. Wipe down the mirror and disinfect all hard surfaces.
- Empty trash / recycling bins – Properly dispose of trash bags and recyclables.
- Vacuum / sweep – Clear the dirt and debris off the floors (and furniture). Lift couch cushions and move furniture to clean underneath.
Maybe you want your employees to focus on their jobs instead of keeping the office tidy. We understand. Contact your local Molly Maid. We offer custom cleaning plans tailored to your budget, cleaning needs and office schedule.
Ready to schedule a service? Call (800) 654-9647 to speak with our friendly customer service representatives. Or SCHEDULE A FREE ESTIMATE today!