There are many ways to keep bugs out of your home using chemical compounds and store bought insect sprays. But many people prefer non-toxic, natural ways for bug control — especially when children are present. Here are five interesting facts on getting rid of insects using safe, natural methods:
1. Spiders: Spiders prefer dark, dusty corners and spaces. The best thing you can do to prevent spiders from entering your home is to do your best at keeping it dust-free. Doing a regular cleaning of all the nooks and crannies in your home will discourage these unwanted guests from getting too comfortable. If you still feel like your house is prone to having spiders, try spraying an all-natural concoction of diluted peppermint oil, tea tree oil, dish soap, and vinegar to spray around the cracks in your home.
2. Ants: Ants can be one of the most annoying insects to have around. They contaminate your food, damage your property, and can bite when provoked. Sometimes it is necessary to hire professional services if your ant problem has escalated. However, before you call an exterminator, try spraying diluted vinegar around the inside and outside cracks of your home.
3. Fruit flies: Fruit flies can be a huge nuisance, and can be an even bigger nuisance to get rid of. When fruit flies are present, make a natural fly trap using a jar or cup of apple cider vinegar covered in plastic wrap. Make tiny holes in the top of the jar big enough for fruit flies to enter. They will be lured into the jar from the smell, but will be unable to escape once they are inside.
4. Fleas: All pet owners out there know how annoying fleas can be. But there is an all-natural, non-toxic way to prevent fleas– Soak a lemon in boiling water overnight, and sponge the strained lemon water onto your pet in the morning. Fleas do not like citrus, so the scent alone will keep the fleas away.
5. Cockroaches: The best way to get rid of cockroaches in your home is to regularly clean your kitchen and areas where trash accumulates. However, if you continue to find cockroaches, try leaving diatomaceous earthLink opens in a new tab where you think the roaches are living. Diatomaceous earth is organic and completely safe to have around children. Remember, cockroaches are one of the most resilient insects, so it may take a couple weeks before the diatomaceous earth takes full effect.
Having insects around your home is a health hazard to you and your family. So instead of using harsh chemicals to combat the issue, try these all-natural, DIY ways to prevent insects. For more fascinating ideas on how to naturally get rid of insects, click here.Link opens in a new tab
For your home cleaning needs, call the professionals at Molly Maid. Call(800) 654-9647 now to connect directly with your local Molly Maid. Each maid services team comprises insured, licensed and uniformed housekeepers who are regularly supervised. Click here to request service in your area.