Plenty of parties come along every holiday season, giving you a chance to cook up some festive food for your friends and family. As you prepare to celebrate, you may be on the lookout for holiday appetizer recipes that will wow your guests. Here are three of our favorites to try at your next party.
This simple, three-ingredient appetizer is a surefire favorite. After all, who doesn’t love soft, sweet dates stuffed with creamy goat cheese and wrapped in crispy, smoked bacon? Is your mouth watering yet?
- 8 slices of thin bacon, halved
- 16 dates, pitted
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 16 toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the dates partway open lengthwise. Remove the pit.
- Stuff a small amount of goat cheese into each date. Press the sides together.
- Cut the bacon slices in half, and wrap each date with a half-slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped dates evenly on a baking sheet. (Choose one with raised edges to contain the grease.) Bake for 10 minutes.
- Rotate the dates so they’re laying on their side, and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Turn the dates to the other side and bake for a final 5 to 8 minutes, or until browned to your liking.
- Remove the dates from the oven, place on a paper towel-lined plate, and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Savory nuts combined with sugar and spices make for a perfect, snackable appetizer at any holiday party.
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups unsalted nuts (cashews, pecan halves, almonds, peanuts, and/or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the egg white in a large bowl until frothy.
- Stir in the nuts and coat evenly.
- Stir in sugar and spices. Toss to evenly coat the nuts.
- Spread the nuts on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring often.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container until serving.
Baked Brie with Raspberry Jam
This easy appetizer recipe will be the talk of your holiday party. No one will guess it only took four ingredients and 20 minutes to prepare!
- 1 sheet frozen prepared puff pastry, 11 x 17 inches, defrosted
- 1 wheel brie cheese, 5 inches round
- 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Crackers, pita chips, or crostinis, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the thawed puff pastry on a baking sheet. Spread on jam and sprinkle on almonds.
- Set the brie on top of the pastry and wrap the dough around it. Flip the whole thing over so the seam is on the bottom.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with crackers, pita chips, or crostinis.
Let Molly Maid Take Care of the Cleaning
While you’re busy preparing holiday appetizers, why not let a professional cleaning company handle the household chores? With help from Molly Maid, you can rest assured that your floors are clean, bathrooms are spotless, and living room is dusted in preparation for your guests’ arrival. You may find our services so worthwhile that you decide to schedule routine cleaning, freeing up more of your time during the busy holiday season.To request a free in-home estimate for professional house cleaning services near you, please contact your local Molly Maid or call us at (888) 583-6490 today. If you liked the appetizer recipes here, you’ll love these additional ideas from fellow Neighborly company, Mr. Appliance.