If you look into your mirror and water spots, streaks and smudges are staring back at you, it might be time to clean it. Unfortunately, a dirty mirror can make an otherwise clean bathroom look filthy, which is why it’s important to learn how to clean a mirror properly.
Sometimes it’s as easy as a quick wipe with glass cleaner and a cloth, but if you’re looking for a crystal-clear result every time, follow the steps below.
DIY Mirror-Cleaning Solution
- Half a cup of distilled water
- Half a cup of white vinegar
- One tablespoon of corn starch
How to Clean a Bathroom Mirror
Mix the three ingredients above in a spray bottle, shake well and get ready to clean!
- Begin by removing hair spray or any stubborn debris with rubbing alcohol and a clean cloth. Dip a corner of the cloth in the alcohol to scrub the debris before you clean the rest of the mirror glass.
- Spray the mirror with your cleaning solution or glass cleaner.
- Grab a microfiber cloth for a streak-free shine. No cloth? Crumpled-up newspaper also works well.
- Use your microfiber cloth (or newspaper) to wipe across the mirror in a broad “S” pattern, working from edge to edge, top to bottom. Try to lead with the same edge of the cloth to capture any dirt or debris without spreading it around. Don’t use a circular motion to clean the mirror; you’re not buffing a car!
- When the mirror looks clean, stand in a different spot of the room to see areas you may have missed.
How to Prevent a Foggy Bathroom Mirror
While the tips above do work when cleaning your bathroom mirror, follow our process below to learn how to clean your bathroom mirror while simultaneously preventing it from fogging up after you take a shower:
- Combine one cup water, one cup vinegar and a teaspoon of dish soap in a spray bottle. Shake gently to mix.
- Apply the solution directly to the mirror and let it sit for a few seconds.
- Wipe the spray on the mirror away with either a microfiber cloth or newspaper.
- Enjoy the benefit of your glass not fogging up for a few days. Repeat as necessary.
Additional Bathroom Cleaning Resources
If your whole bathroom needs help—we have 10 steps to clean a bathroom fast and efficiently and a complete list of bathroom cleaning supplies for your reference.
Professional House Cleaning Services
Searching for help with professional cleaning services? Your local Molly Maid is here to support you with quality services ranging from whole home to special event cleaning. Call or contact your local Molly Maid today for a free estimate!