The 5 Best 10-Minute Cleaning Routines
Cleaning in one big push once a week can feel overwhelming. Breaking down your chores into five manageable lists for each weekday makes cleaning easier to tackle—plus, you leave your weekends free! Ready to change up your cleaning routine? Here’s how to clean your house in 10 minutes a day for a clean house by Friday.
Truth be told, cleaning the bathroom may take longer than 10 minutes, especially if you have more than one. To speed things up, assign your kids to clean their own bathrooms once a week (if they’re old enough). Here’s how to clean the bathroom quickly and efficiently:
- Clear off the counters.
- Dust the light fixtures, towel racks, shelves, baseboards, and other surfaces.
- Spray cleaner into the shower/bathtub and let it soak.
- In the meantime, clean the counter, sink, mirror, and outside of the toilet.
- Wipe down the shower/bathtub.
- Scrub the toilet.
Make Tuesday dusting day! Here are some tips to save time while dusting:
- Dust before you vacuum so you can suck up fallen debris from the floor afterward.
- Work from top to bottom.
- Focus on the main surfaces so you can complete this chore quickly. Save more thorough dusting for extensive cleaning days.
- Dust with a microfiber cloth. Mist it lightly with water from a spray bottle so it can pick up dust without leaving moisture streaks behind.
This chore is best done after dusting, so be sure to keep these two in order! Make your cleaning endeavors go smoothly with these vacuuming tips:
- Prepare the room by picking up loose items off the floor and moving furniture and rugs as needed.
- Invest in versatile vacuum options. Either choose an upright vacuum with handheld attachments or buy a smaller vacuum for tackling the stairs and upholstery.
- Maintain your vacuum. If it loses suction or becomes difficult to push, check for a worn or stretched belt. Replace it as needed to get many more years out of your vacuum.
Thursday: Sweep and Mop
By cleaning your hardwood, vinyl, or tile floors once a week, you prevent them from ever becoming a time-consuming “project.” Follow these floor cleaning tips for the best success:
- Always remove loose dirt and debris with a broom, vacuum, or dust mop before damp mopping.
- Mop hard floors with warm water and all-purpose floor cleaner. Be sure to wring out the mop well so it doesn’t leave puddles of water behind.
- Start at the far side of the room and move back toward the entrance to avoid mopping yourself into a corner.
Cleaning the kitchen is a major chore. Prevent it from getting out of hand by doing some light cleaning once a week:
- Load the dishwasher and rinse out the sink.
- Wipe down appliances.
- Disinfect the counters.
- Wipe up sticky spots on the floor with a damp rag.
- Trade out your dish towels for fresh ones.
- Throw away expired food.
- Take out the trash.
Having a clean house may not be the answer to all of life’s problems, but after a hectic work week, it’s nice to have all the chores done already—and in just 10 minutes a day! If you struggle to make time even for a 10-minute daily cleaning routine, Molly Maid can help. Let us tackle your everyday chores, offer occasional cleaning assistance, or perform one-time cleaning when you need it most—the choice is yours.