Spring Cleaning Checklist
After a long winter, spring has finally sprung. But before you can open the windows, you must clean them. Yes, we’re talking about spring cleaning. And to make this daunting task seem a little more manageable, we’ve created a printable spring cleaning checklist. Think of it as your roadmap to sparkle city!
Are you ready to begin? Click here to download our Spring Cleaning Checklist.
ALL ROOMS – Start with tasks that apply to all room, then hit each room one-by-one.
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Clean windowsills and window tracts
- Vacuum curtains and window blinds
- Wipe down shoe molding and dust room corners for cobwebs
- Test batteries in all your smoke detectors
- Disinfect door knobs, cabinet handles and light switches
- Clean kitchen appliances:
- Wipe down your microwave, coffeemaker and other small appliances
- Empty the crumb tray in your toaster and / or toaster oven
- Empty refrigerator and defrost freezer
- Clean your oven and scrub the stovetop / range
- Clear out cabinets and wash shelves
- Sanitize the sink and clean the inner rim of your sink guard
- Clean refrigerator shelves (they may fit in the dishwasher!)
- Clean behind and beneath refrigerator (those coils get dusty!)
- Organize drawers and closets (donate any clothes that you didn’t wear!)
- Wash bedding and pillows
- Rotate your mattress
- Disinfect kids’ toys (throw plastic toys in the dishwasher!)
- Organize cabinets and drawers
- Properly dispose of old medicine and toiletries
- Scrub the shower and bathtub
- Wash shower curtain and floormat (some can go in the washing machine)
- Scrub the toilet and tile around the toilet
- Clean keyboard with canned air
- Disinfect computer mouse and phone
- Remove furniture cushions and vacuum crevasses
- Clean behind washer and dryer
- Thoroughly clean lint trap in dryer AND washer
- Remove everything from your garage reorganize (is it time for a sale?)
- Pressure wash your deck and outdoor furniture
- Hose-out your garbage can and recycling bins
- Remove screens and wash with a soapy sponge and water
- Wash the outside of your windows before replacing your window screens
Congratulations, you've reached the end of the Spring Cleaning Checklist. No sweat, right?
To make spring cleaning a little lighter next year, we recommend establishing a regular cleaning schedule. If you need a little help, keep in mind that Molly Maid offers flexible cleaning options. Whether you're spring cleaning or preparing for company, contact your local Molly Maid for an extra hand!
*This checklist is provided to help DIYers clean their own homes. It is not intended to reflect the steps taken by Molly Maid’s professional cleaning teams. Each franchise independently owned and operated. Services may vary by location.
Ready to schedule a service? Call (800) 654-9647 to speak with our friendly customer service representatives. Or SCHEDULE A FREE ESTIMATE today!